Berkeley-The full transcript of the November 6th court hearing that reversed the shutdown of WBAI-FM is now available. We recommend giving it a read. The format is not the best, but the majority of the hearing is captured. You can download it here. It is a reasonably compact (by legal standards) 23 pages. In summary;Continue reading NY Supreme Court Transcript Released
Berkeley-On November 6, 2019, NY State Supreme Court judge Melissa Crane reinstated in full the October 7 temporary restraining order against the Pacifica Foundation and required the brand new interim ED John Vernile and a portion of the board of directors to stop piping in reruns on WBAI’s transmitter and return the station’s bank accounts, web page and airwaves to the WBAI staff and local board. WBAI began broadcasting at the stroke of midnight this morning.
Judge Crane also declared the national board meeting of October 20th to be properly noticed and valid and all motions therein passed and binding upon the Foundation per the bylaws. Those motions included:
1. Restoring local control and local content at WBAI-FM
2. Placing interim executive director John Vernile on paid leave
3. Terminating the legal relationship between Foster Garvey and the Pacifica Foundation
4. Terminating the legal relationship between Ford Greene, corporate counsel, and the Pacifica Foundation
5. Removing Sabrina Jacobs as vice chair of the Pacifica National Board
6. Removing Bill Crosier as secretary of the Pacifica National Board
7. Allowing all elected directors to vote on any matters relating to WBAI-FMContinue reading NY Judge Undoes The Coup
Berkeley-Apparently distressed by the unwillingness of the federal courts to support the unauthorized shutdown of WBAI, comrade Donald Goldmacher has issued an appeal to the aging Stalinists of Berkeley to dig deep into their land-owner pockets and fund a new lawsuit to take control of the Pacifica Foundation away from board of directors that just won’t vote the way he wants.
The new communist revolution that Goldmacher appeals to his “comrades” to support has a distinctly capitalist tinge. His need to “bring the national board to a standstill” requires a corporate attorney. A corporate attorney with “connections” and a “steep hourly rate“. They need big bucks. NOW.
You can read the full email here.Continue reading Comrade Goldmacher Wants Your Money